A Content Management System provides you with the ability to manage your own website via an administration area accessed directly from your web browser. No expensive computer based software is necessary.
Which Content Management System?
We use a range of content management system software and will select one according to your unique requirements.
WordPress is a popular , user friendly CMS. It has a lot of great features and optional extras. We always ensure that WordPress websites we develop use our own custom built theme, or a theme which will be well supported to be compatible with WordPress upgrades. We also include automatic theme and database backups which are stored off server, and use sophisticated security to ensure the most hacked CMS on the planet is as safe as possible.
Another favourite CMS we like to use is Joomla, which is a very powerful system more useful for larger businesses requiring extendable functions. Operation of Joomla requires good computer literacy but we include training in the use of the system if we feel this is necessary for you.
There are other Content Management Systems which are even easier to use but which provide less extensive functionality, like Concrete5 or CMS Made Simple to name a couple. It all depends on what you require from your website.
Using your Content Management System
A content management system does require a certain level of computer literacy and if you believe you fit into this category, then there will be the cost saving ability to add your own pages and content.
You will need to know how to optimise photos and images for the internet, and a basic knowledge of html would be desirable.
A content management system allows more than one person to access the administration area of the website and make/add changes to the website. It’s a very useful tool for any business.
We Offer Ongoing Support
We supply training in how to use your CMS, which normally only takes an hour or two, usually included in the development cost. Training can be done using Skype, which is free to download to your computer and allows for hands-free skype to skype calls and screen sharing.
Should you find the process of managing your own website content daunting or you don’t have the time, then we are always here to assist. Our graphic designers are always available to create website artwork or promotional material for display on your website.
What are other Content Management System advantages?
Content Management Systems use a database which can be used for gathering data and client information and other useful functions.
- Easy page management – Any approved user can quickly and easily publish online without complicated software or programming.
- Consistent brand – The template provides a consistent style or brand across the entire website.
- Design is separate – You can alter or add content without changing the design.
- Access Levels – You can give different levels of access to different users. The CMS can ensure content is approved before going live.
- Remote access – You can access and update your site from anywhere with an Internet connection through your browser.
- Integration – integrate your website with customer relationship management and asset management systems
- Archive – store archived content, either for future use or reference
- Gather Data – You can gather data from visitors via email subscriptions, memberships, shopping carts
Call us today on 0418 723 886 for more information.